The City of Eldridge is a growing community just north of Davenport in Iowa. As of 2012 our population was 5,903 and rising! Eldridge is the perfect mix of small town living with big city adjacency. Just minutes away from Davenport, Bettendorf, Moline and Rock Island and located adjacent to Highway 61, you can be anywhere in the Quad Cities in no time. We boast the lowest property taxes of any large city in Scott County, Iowa and our quality of life is among the best in the area. With numerous parks, a recreation trail, a fitness center and excellent schools, Eldridge is the perfect choice for families and singles alike. Whether you're growing your business or growing your family, Eldridge is the place for you. In Eldridge, we're growing the future.
Eldridge City News
A Snow Emergency is in effect for 6 pm Wednesday February 25 until 12 noon Thursday February 26. Please see below for snow emergency information.
As the snow falls, it's time to review our Snow Emergency Ordinance! In the event of a snow emergency (defined as 2” or more snow, or when caused by drifting or when defined by the Chief of Police), certain rules go into effect in the City of Eldridge. They are:
- Parking on all city streets becomes prohibited.
- Snow emergency parking will be provided by the City. Locations of snow emergency parking lots are as follows:
1. N. Third Street and Franklin Street (Municipal Parking Lot)
2. N. Fifth Street and LeClaire Road (Faith Lutheran Church)
3. S. Second Street and Spring Street (United Methodist Church)
4. N. Sixth Street and Donahue Street at the Water Treatment Plant
5. North Scott Junior High School south side parking lot
6. 400 Block of N. Third Street (west side of Centennial Park)
7. 400 Block of N. Fourth Street (east side of Centennial Park)
8. Cornerstone Baptist Church parking lot (775 E. LeClaire Road).
- Parking is prohibited on all streets bounded by North First Street, Donahue Street, North Third Street and LeClaire Road during a snow emergency.
- It is each property owner’s responsibility to clear the sidewalks on their property. Any ice or snow left for 36 hours shall be removed by the City at the owner’s expense.
- The discharge of snow and ice onto city streets is prohibited. Snow and ice must be stored on your own property.
As always, remember to slow down and allow plenty of distance for
stops in any icy or snowy conditions. If you do not absolutely need to, please stay off the roads during any snow event. Drive safely and have a wonderful safe winter!
Eldridge is a picturesque town. Please enjoy a few photos from around town!