Doing Business in Eldridge
Eldridge is a city on the grow and we are always happy to welcome new businesses to our town.
There are many advantages for businesses in Eldridge, but one we hear quite often is how convenient our location is. We’re located directly along U.S. Highway 61 and just north of Interstate 80, a major transportation artery that cuts across the United States. The Davenport Municipal airport is located on the edge of town and we’re less than 30 minutes away from the Quad City International Airport. And with almost no traffic congestion, you can operate your business with ease and efficiency.
Eldridge is home to almost 6,000 people but don’t let our size fool you. As the fastest growing city in Scott County, we’re part of the larger Quad Cities Region that has a labor shed of over 500,000 people. That means we have an ample supply of potential employees ready to meet your needs. We’re also perfectly positioned in the Midwest, with easy access to major markets; more than 37 million people are located within a 300-mile radius of the city. Chicago is just three hours directly east, while Des Moines is three hours west of us.
We welcome your interest in Eldridge and would be happy to answer any questions you may have about doing business here.
Below are some resources to help your businesses thrive and grow as members of the Eldridge community:
- Doing Business in Eldridge: a guide to making our hometown your business's new home!
- Developer's Handbook: a guide to building in Eldridge
- Eldridge's Tax Increment Financing Policy
- Eldridge's TIF District Map
- ADA Requirements for Small Businesses: a guide to bringing your small business into compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and its revisions.
- Guidelines for Grain Bin Safety